9th Annual SEDA Conference 2004
Questioning the Impact of Staff and Educational Development16 November 2004 - 17 November 2004
are asked to address the main conference themes as well as one or more
of the following sub-themes:
- What is the rationale for the staff and educational development approaches we use?
- Are we addressing needs or setting the agenda?
- Where and what is the impact of our actions?
- How do we contribute to cultural and organisational change?
- Where do new ideas come from and how are these related to practice?
- How do we build capacity for research, evaluation and practice in educational development?
- What does a scholarly approach to educational development look like?
- What is the relationship between educational research and educational development?
- How can we create the space to be more creative and supportive of innovation and excellence?
The format of the conference will comprise keynote address, parallel sessions of workshops and paper presentations. The aim, as ever, will be to share practice, research, evaluation and experience in all aspects of staff and educational development in an open and constructive atmosphere.
The conference will be of particular interest to all those who act as agents of educational change in HE provision (in HE or FE) and anyone who has a commitment to enhancing the quality of Higher Education. This includes:
The conference is being held at the Birmingham Centre Novotel, located on Broad Street in the heart of the City Centre. Fully residential delegates will be accommodated in en-suite rooms.