SEDA Spring Conference 2006
Advancing Evidence-Informed Practice in HE Learning, Teaching and Educational Development08 June 2006 - 09 June 2006
Do you promote a scholarly approach to learning, teaching and educational development? We invite you to report your emerging research and evaluation evidence on effective innovations in learning, teaching and educational development in Higher Education. We also welcome sessions that synthesise research and evaluation evidence to develop a more coherent basis for practice in HE learning, teaching and educational development.
The conference will seek to address the following themes:
- Improving educational staff development through evidence-informed practice
- Syntheses of research and evaluation evidence to provide a basis for further developments in learning, teaching and assessment practice
- Evaluative reports on successful innovations in HE practice, such as the outcomes of nationally and locally funded learning and teaching projects, action research and classroom assessment projects
- Evaluations of current practice in the light of the evidence-base
- International developments in the scholarship of learning, teaching and assessment
- Discussions of the evidence-base for effective practice in curriculum design, e-learning and strategic planning for educational change
- Developments in research and evaluation methods to generate a greater evidence base
- Possible concerns over the limitations of evidence-informed practice
The SEDA Conference Experience
SEDA prides itself on creating a relaxed, welcoming and positive atmosphere at conferences, which encourages open, constructive and supportive sharing of ideas, experience and practice.
Feedback from participants at recent SEDA conferences:
- As always, great networking, some useful sessions and lots of new ideas
- A very enjoyable conference. As a first timer to SEDA I found it to be an environment that positively encouraged discussion and sharing of views and ideas at all levels
- Valuable again - for fresh ideas and quiet reflection. I've made new contacts and re-affirmed older links. It's been good! Thank you
A new conference contributor recently wrote:
- I attended last year and was thoroughly impressed and found it extremely useful. I'm impressed all over again that someone from the committee is making contact to provide some support for first time presenters – I've never struck that before with any other group!
The conference will be of particular interest to all those involved in promoting effective change in HE learning, teaching and educational development. This includes:
- Centre of Excellence and FDTL project staff
- Higher Education Academy staff
- Educational and Staff Developers
- Lecturers and teachers in further and higher education
- National and institutional teaching fellows
- Student service, human resources and registry staff undertaking evaluations or projects to develop effective policy, procedures and regulations affecting learning, teaching or assessment
- Educational technologists
The Thistle Liverpool has some of the best views across Liverpool and the River Mersey and is at the heart of the city's business centre. The hotel is located on the Pierhead adjacent to the famous Liver Building, overlooking the Mersey and close to the Albert Dock, museums and theatres. It is just a 10 minute walk from Liverpool Lime Street railway station.