SEDA Professional Development Framework Mentoring and Recognising: an initial and continuing development day
19 April 2010
Invitation to become an active member of the SEDA-PDF Community
Recognising and Mentoring for SEDA-PDF
- A Programme Leader of a SEDA-recognised programme
- Interested in becoming a SEDA recogniser or mentor
- Interested in learning more about SEDA recognition of programmes
- Already involved in PDF recognising or mentoring for SEDA but have not been active in the last 2 years?
If so, this workshop is for you.
SEDA-PDF provides a framework of 16 awards for continuing professional development, each using specific outcomes to address a wide range of activities and roles within institutions. Each award is associated with a specialist development community. SEDA provides support to PDF-recognised institutions and programmes through its community of PDF practitioners.
The Aims of the Workshop are:
- To acquaint those interested and current recognisers and mentors with the processes around SEDA-PDF recognition, which have been updated
- To familiarise new and existing recognisers and mentors with the outcomes and focus of a growing number of awards
- To share experience and build confidence in being an effective recogniser or mentor
- To consult on the redesign of PDF documentation
- To develop relationships across the SEDA-PDF support community
- Introduction to participants and the Award Framework
- What is Recognising and Mentoring?
- What is a Recognition Event?
- Exploration of practicalities of recognition and mentoring
- Redesigning the recognition report form
- Group activities around individual awards
- Review and Action Planning
The cost for this event is £40, including lunch